Sunday, December 9, 2007

Compaq Presario C504US 15.4" Notebook PC

I have owned one of these for about a month now. I have been pleasantly surprised by the computer so far. I wanted a basic notebook with a good size hard drive. This computer has a 100gb hard drive, which is quite spacious for one in this price range. I was a little bit leery about the Celeron M processir, but this one runs at 1.86 ghz, it seemed noticeably faster to me than some of the lower Celeron M computers I have tried out. The computer comes with 512 mb of memory. The person at the store advised me to add another 512 mb. Boy was he right on the money !! The difference in performance is significant, especially for the $60 the extra memory cost me. It makes the difference between Windows Vista Basic being rather pokey and having it run at what I consider an acceptable level.
The battery life is acceptable I think, but not spectacular. I've gotten just shy of 3 hours battery life with the battery supplied. The screen is nice and bright on this computer for one in this price range. And the sound is pretty acceptable thru the built-in speakers (it could be a bit louder, but sound quality is pretty good.) I think this laptop would be a good investment for a college student that doesn't want to pay an arm and a leg for a new laptop, or for someone on a limited budget. I am happy with mine, and I think it is a good value for the price.
Compaq Presario C504US 15.4" Notebook PC

No comments: